OK, welcome to the boring bit. Please do, however, take a few minutes to read as it may save embarrassment on the bank.
As we are a friendly fishery we have tried to keep the rules fairly basic and simple so that we can cater for the majority of the needs of the many different types of angler.
Please remember, these rules are for the benefit of all users and the welfare of the fish and wildlife.
- Please respect other anglers, their families and property. Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated
- Do not leave litter, especially discarded line, hooks or unused bait. please take it home with you, or use the bins provided
- Fishing is from marked pegs only. The bankside vegetation is a valuable habitat and is home to many nesting birds and other wildlife
- Fishing is from dawn to dusk only. NO NIGHT FISHING, except for planned events which are by pre booking only
- All vehicles to remain in the car park for the duration of your stay. Disabled anglers are permitted to drive to their pegs for the purposes of loading/unloading (gate combination available on request) and all vehicles must be returned to the car park (ie not left at the peg) in order not to restrict access for others. Please note all vehicles and contents are left at owners risk.
- Any tents, Bivvies, picnic rugs etc should be positioned so as not to restrict others access
- Camp stoves, BBQs etc are permitted. However, all BBQ’s should be raised off the ground to prevent damage to the grass and not left unattended at any time. Please ensure they are fully extinguished after use.
- Please keep to the marked paths. This is for the protection of the habitat and wildlife, especially during the nesting season.
- Anglers under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times
- Well behaved dogs are welcome but must be kept on a lead and restrained at all times
- All anglers must have access to a landing net and disgorger (groups fishing adjacent pegs may share)
- Barbless hooks only, maximum size 8
- All leads/feeders etc must be free running (ie no bolt rigs) or have snap links
- Keepnets must be stretched out and left to dry before putting in water
- No carp allowed in keepnets, except during matches, where separate, specialist carp nets must be used
- Most baits are permitted, with the exception of boilies greater than 14mm, nuts and beans, tinned dog/cat food, bloodworm and joker.
- Baited lines must not be left unattended at any time
- If using surface baits, please be vigilant for the ducks and geese etc.
- Groundbait to be used in feeders or pole cups only
- Please handle all fish carefully. Use of unhooking mats/cradles etc is encouraged, especially for the larger fish
- Keep fish wetted when weighing, photographing etc
- All fish to be returned to the water as soon as possible
- Keepnets to be emptied at noon and 6pm
- Max 50lbs in any keepnet
- no fish are to be transferred between the lakes without permission from management
- Please report any dead, injured or diseased fish
- NO FISH ARE TO BE REMOVED. ANYONE CAUGHT REMOVING OR ATTEMPTING TO REMOVE FISH FROM THE FISHERY WILL BE SERVED AN IMMEDIATE BAN AND REPORTED TO THE POLICE FOR THEFT